enterprise sales engineer
Are career prospects looking a little fuzzy? See your future in stunning HD — with a fast-growing company leading technology projects around the world!
AVDG is a national design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration. We empower our employees with resources to grow in their careers, and we offer unique perks like dog-friendly offices, unlimited snacks, competitive benefits packages, and more.
Join our team!
Position Summary: Enterprise Sales Engineer
AVDG seeks an experienced Sales Engineer to join AVDG’s Enterprise Accounts Team, who has an exclusive design/build relationship with enterprise clients for local, national, and global projects. You have various engineering hats in the role, including design, project, and field engineering, using your technical expertise engaged with clients. You will work closely building relationships with the client’s design systems touching the project in all aspects from design to commissioning while expanding across their organization and collaborating with team members to meet expectations. You will be establishing standardization, setting expectations with an agile attitude while focusing on clients’ needs.
The objective is to develop a partnership with the client, understand budgetary needs, and have a deep understanding of the organization for AVDG to provide the best world-class smart systems and solutions. You will stay current with new technologies on the market to use for clients.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Provides technical expertise specifies equipment and installation considerations regarding integration with MEP (mechanical, electrical, & plumbing engineering), networking, and architecture.
- Sketches system design for drafting by CAD department to ensure BOM is following the proper operational capacity of the system.
- Research equipment, ensure functionality and interoperability are appropriate for specific systems and verify that the installed components are functional to their design and specifications.
- Collaborates with Customers for advice on requirements for all sites to ensure AV design and implementation expectations and standardization requirements Customer AV Guideline Standards, while having an agile approach depending on Customer requirements.
- Provide AV consultative support to the Construction Design Team, Architects, General Contractor (GC), and subcontractors regarding solution implementation, troubleshooting, and configuration according to Customer AV Guideline Standards (AV Standards), but have an agile approach depending on Customer requirements.
- Provides a consistent client experience and attends meetings with Customer, GC, AVDG Enterprise, and Operations Teams to confirm that documentation aligns and that expectations and communication are clear.
- Performs optimization of the overall system’s functionality and quality, including aspects of the system such as video projection alignment, audio quality, lighting, window treatment automation, and control system operation verification,
- Ensures AV systems are tested per test plan/punch list, design/build by AVDG, and approved by Customer before hand-over to the Customer Operations team and confirming the AVDG service contract.
To join our team, you’ll need the following experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics or related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education, military, experience with AVIXA and manufacturing industry certifications accepted.
- Minimum 6+ years experience in AV integrated systems design, programming, and troubleshooting with commercial solutions, highly preferred.
- Must have a thorough understanding of systems integration techniques.
- Advanced computer skills with electronic drawing software (Bluebeam, Visio, AutoCAD, etc.), and Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) Outlook.
- CTS required CTS-D or CTS-I preferred, but not required.
- Manufacturers certifications such as Crestron DMC-E, CCNA, Q-SYS, Biamp Tesira, Zoom, Polycom, Cisco, and other AV/UC industry certifications are preferred.
- Self-motivated with practical oral and written communication skills.
- Has strong competency with building and maintaining solid relationships with clients and associates.
- Associate is to be fully vaccinated, per the CDC Definition.
more about AVDG
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues for clients across the United States. Our innovative, passionate, and technical culture allows us to deliver the most sophisticated systems and continuously change the AV landscape.
We live by the motto "exceptional by design." Exceptional tech. Exceptional people. Exceptional spaces. AVDG's world-class team and original smart-system solutions are among the best in the industry.
Since joining the Business Solutions Division of Guitar Center in late 2017, AVDG has provided new avenues of growth and opportunities to better support our clients and teams. As a result, Guitar Center is bolstering AVDG's high-growth trajectory and rigorously expanding our national footprint.
why join us?
At AVDG, you will join a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about Audio, Video, Lighting, and Control technologies. You have the freedom to apply and grow your unique talents in a work environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration. You have many opportunities to learn, including access to internal training programs like AVDG University, AVDG Institute, and paid industry certifications to expand your career and collaborate beyond Pro AV if you choose to.
Love this opportunity and want to apply? Please submit your resume and apply online today!
Guitar Center and AVDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by sending an email to [email protected]