residential lead installer
We are hiring for a new world!
We are the premier integrator, redefining client experiences through leading-edge technology, unrivaled service, and passionate people.
We are focused on bringing the power of technology to create new experiences in the fields of smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues. Be a part of a talented team and embark on an exciting journey.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you do, then be with an organization that is growing and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in integration.
position summary: residential lead installer
AVDG is seeking an experienced Lead Residential Installer whose primary responsibility is to supervise and install low-voltage systems in home automation projects. You will collaborate with other installation technicians to mentor and train the proper execution of all required installation techniques.
The ideal candidate possesses all the skills of an Apprentice, Field Technician, and Lead Technician with a flexible attitude, strong interpersonal skills, and passion for audio-visual integration and drives their need for excellence in making an impact contributing as a vital member of the installation team.
responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Performs installation/service of equipment and testing for proper operation as required.
- Works with the builder/customer to verify installation requests while setting expectations.
- Interacts with customers to explain installation procedures and functionality of the system.
- Will run wires, cables & structured wire packages through new or retrofit construction, including identification, labeling & termination of the cables.
- Guides other technicians on-site, trains, and gives direction concerning best practices and installation techniques.
- Maintains communication with the Project Manager on the status of projects and associated task lists, attends company meetings, questions from other departments, and works with other departments to continue refining AVDG processes and procedures.
to join our team, you’ll need the following experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, equivalent training/experience preferred; HS Diploma or GED minimum educational requirement.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the AV integration industry, home automation preferred, must have experience leading teams.
- Strong proficiency with Control4 desired and other AV control systems required; Lutron experience is a plus.
- Works with a positive, can-do attitude and flexibility to change gears and solve problems.
- Has the desire to lead teams, mentor, and be a positive role model.
- Work with a positive sense of urgency and focused effort on daily workflow and project requirements.
- Must have a clean driving record and valid state license will drive a company vehicle.
- Associate is to be fully vaccinated, per the CDC Definition.
more about AVDG
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues for clients across the United States. Our innovative, passionate, and technical culture allows us to deliver the most sophisticated systems and continuously change the AV landscape.
We live by the motto "exceptional by design." Exceptional tech. Exceptional people. Exceptional spaces. AVDG's world-class team and original smart-system solutions are among the best in the industry.
Since joining the Business Solutions Division of Guitar Center in late 2017, AVDG has provided new avenues of growth and opportunities to better support our clients and teams. As a result, Guitar Center is bolstering AVDG's high-growth trajectory and rigorously expanding our national footprint.
why join us?
At AVDG, you will join a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about Audio, Video, Lighting, and Control technologies. You have the freedom to apply and grow your unique talents in a work environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration. You have many opportunities to learn, including access to internal training programs like AVDG University, AVDG Institute, and paid industry certifications to expand your career and collaborate beyond Pro AV if you choose to.
Love this opportunity and want to apply? Please submit your resume and apply online today!
Guitar Center and AVDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by sending an email to [email protected]