Get plugged in: AVDG is looking for a tech-savvy Rack Fabricator who thrives in a high-growth, diverse environment, responsible for servicing clients of high-end residential or commercial AV integration smart solutions and systems.
Discover a brilliant new career with a national leader in technology, automation, and A/V!
position summary: rack fabricator
AVDG seeks an experienced AV Rack Fabricator or AV Technician responsible for building the cabling infrastructure of the racks needed to successfully deploy AV systems for new construction and retrofit project applications. You will maintain the racking system that meets the AVDG standard of excellence in device mounting, cable management, thermal and power management, configuration, and testing to ensure proper system functionality and performance expectations. You will collaborate with AVDG team members to ensure the system meets the client’s needs.
The ideal candidate will embody AVDG’s standard of excellence in communication and professionalism. They will also have a high-level understanding of the wiring systems, meticulous, integrity, and service-oriented.
responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Configure and assemble racks equipment for distributed audio/video systems, including various audio channels and zones, analog and digital video matrix switches, amplifiers, networks and networking solutions, cabling, panels, calibration techniques, and more.
- Will work with various controls and automation wiring, protocols, and system programming, including infrared, RF, RS, IP control, replays, and contact closures.
- Manage the rack building area with safety (OSHA) guidelines, cleanliness, client property and
- You will become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) of the racks, recommending solutions, add-ons, significant picture system objectives to meet the client’s needs.
to join our team, you’ll need the following experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 3 years relevant AV integration experience required (AV installation, AV technician, or similar…).
- Experience with MS Office required. Solutions 365 is a huge plus but not required.
- Must have a solid understanding of basic electrical theory, including Ohm’s Law.
- Having a basic understanding of construction principles and work according to the current National Electrical Code and applicable laws that apply to most projects is preferred.
- Understanding site plans, architectural drawings, engineering system schematics, and elevation drawings is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of thermal management in racking systems preferred.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex systems, initiative, and project management experience.
- Must be able to work with hand/power tools and experience with soldering required.
more about AVDG
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues for clients across the United States. Our innovative, passionate, and technical culture allows us to deliver the most sophisticated systems and continuously change the AV landscape.
We live by the motto "exceptional by design." Exceptional tech. Exceptional people. Exceptional spaces. AVDG's world-class team and original smart-system solutions are among the best in the industry.
Since joining the Business Solutions Division of Guitar Center in late 2017, AVDG has provided new avenues of growth and opportunities to better support our clients and teams. As a result, Guitar Center is bolstering AVDG's high-growth trajectory and rigorously expanding our national footprint.
why join us?
At AVDG, you will join a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about Audio, Video, Lighting, and Control technologies. You have the freedom to apply and grow your unique talents in a work environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration. You have many opportunities to learn, including access to internal training programs like AVDG University, AVDG Institute, and paid industry certifications to expand your career and collaborate beyond Pro AV if you choose to.
Love this opportunity and want to apply? Please submit your resume and apply online today!
Guitar Center and AVDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by sending an email to [email protected].