sr. integration specialist
We are hiring for a new world!
We are the premier integrator, redefining client experiences through leading-edge technology, unrivaled service, and passionate people.
We are focused on bringing the power of technology to create new experiences in the fields of smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues. Be a part of a talented team and embark on an exciting journey.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you do, then be with an organization that is growing and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in integration.
position summary: sr. integration specialist
As a sr. integration specialist, your role will harness your expertise in smart home technology or commercial AV integration engaging with clients troubleshooting issues and finding solutions. This position will be working for our National Support Center reporting to our Regional Support Center Manager.
- Provide high-level support, leveraging deeper knowledge of control systems, and capability to troubleshoot issues with customers.
- Proactively address system issues and solve client issues as they arise
- Utilize your advanced Knowledge of Control systems (Control4 / Savant / Crestron / Lutron) to make basic code changes and troubleshooting
- Respond to client requests via phone/email, System Checks, & Client Check-in Calls
- Communicate proper steps and best practices to the client for use of AV & Control system
- Remotely perform preventative maintenance of client systems (Via provided service tools)
- Perform remote installation of control programs (Control4 / Savant / Crestron / Lutron and more) Firmware — upload and download
- Test integrated systems and components via remote access
- Serve as a mentor to lower-level support staff, providing guidance on when and how to escalate issues to senior staff
- Instruct lower-level staff on basic coding best practices and techniques
to join our band, you’ll need to have the following:
- 5+ Years of AV Integration Experience
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Windows applications, Microsoft Office, VPN access, file structures, control panel, command line prompts, and web applications.
- Advanced knowledge of networking standards and practices
- Familiarity with Router, Switch and access point programming configurations
- Be able to troubleshoot and address networking performance issues with the client and/or accurately relay the issue to the on-site service technician
- Familiarity with Apple IOS products (Apple TV, iPad, Airport Express, iPhone/iTouch, OS10, etc.) as they relate to daily use for interfacing with and controlling integrated homes and/or home networks.
- Must have full understanding of the pre-wire, trim and final phases of a project, including proper use of all associated tools and job site safety
- Ability to read and understand device layout drawings, engineered schematics and provide redline corrections and construction blueprints as they pertain to A/V industry
more about AVDG
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues for clients across the United States. Our innovative, passionate, and technical culture allows us to deliver the most sophisticated systems and continuously change the AV landscape.
We live by the motto "exceptional by design." Exceptional tech. Exceptional people. Exceptional spaces. AVDG's world-class team and original smart-system solutions are among the best in the industry.
Since joining the Business Solutions Division of Guitar Center in late 2017, AVDG has provided new avenues of growth and opportunities to better support our clients and teams. As a result, Guitar Center is bolstering AVDG's high-growth trajectory and rigorously expanding our national footprint.
why join us?
At AVDG, you will join a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about Audio, Video, Lighting, and Control technologies. You have the freedom to apply and grow your unique talents in a work environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration. You have many opportunities to learn, including access to internal training programs like AVDG University, AVDG Institute, and paid industry certifications to expand your career and collaborate beyond Pro AV if you choose to.
Love this opportunity and want to apply? Please submit your resume and apply online today!
Guitar Center and AVDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by sending an email to [email protected].