commercial design engineer
We are hiring for a new world!
We are the premier integrator, redefining client experiences through leading-edge technology, unrivaled service, and passionate people.
We are focused on bringing the power of technology to create new experiences in the fields of smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues. Be a part of a talented team and embark on an exciting journey.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you do, then be with an organization that is growing and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in integration.
position summary: design engineer
A Design Engineer is responsible to work with sales to create and present a client with designs that meet or exceed expectations in a timely manner. They are the technical liaison to our sales team and clients. This is done through comprehensive designs, communicated through thorough scopes of work and bills of materials. The position bears the responsibility to develop long lasting client partnerships & work with team members to maintain the account on all levels.
responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Conceptualize from scratch AV systems designs for AVDG clients and companies
- Respond to requests for proposals in a timely manner
- Interface & maintain ongoing dialogue for projects with Clients, Sales, CAD, and Tech Ops team members
- Generate detailed scopes of work, RFI’s, bills of materials and block diagrams
- Provide full consultant level drawing sets
- Generate comprehensive bid responses
- Identify all cabling and miscellaneous material needs
- Provide testing reports and acceptance reports for sound and video calibration, room acoustic and light analysis
- Generate Installation estimations internally and through soliciting outside vendor resources
- Customer liaison for engineering inquires
- Assist and perform client site visits for initial surveys, ongoing technical assessment, and support for tech ops during integration, install, & commissioning
- Meet with vendors/prospective vendors to help evaluate products
- Post sales project consultation
- Other duties assigned as needed
to join our band, you’ll need the following experience:
- CTS CTS-I preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in AV systems design
- Strong technical writing skills a must
- Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of AV experience plus a four-year degree or military experience may also be considered
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of systems integration techniques
- Skilled in the use of Computer aided drafting software
- MS Office — able to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access proficiently without training
more about AVDG
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues for clients across the United States. Our innovative, passionate, and technical culture allows us to deliver the most sophisticated systems and continuously change the AV landscape.
We live by the motto "exceptional by design." Exceptional tech. Exceptional people. Exceptional spaces. AVDG's world-class team and original smart-system solutions are among the best in the industry.
Since joining the Business Solutions Division of Guitar Center in late 2017, AVDG has provided new avenues of growth and opportunities to better support our clients and teams. As a result, Guitar Center is bolstering AVDG's high-growth trajectory and rigorously expanding our national footprint.
why join us?
At AVDG, you will join a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about Audio, Video, Lighting, and Control technologies. You have the freedom to apply and grow your unique talents in a work environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration. You have many opportunities to learn, including access to internal training programs like AVDG University, AVDG Institute, and paid industry certifications to expand your career and collaborate beyond Pro AV if you choose to.
Love this opportunity and want to apply? Please submit your resume and apply online today!
Guitar Center and AVDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by sending an email to [email protected]