commercial field engineer I
We are hiring for a new world!
We are the premier integrator, redefining client experiences through leading-edge technology, unrivaled service, and passionate people.
We are focused on bringing the power of technology to create new experiences in the fields of smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues. Be a part of a talented team and embark on an exciting journey.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you do, then be with an organization that is growing and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in integration.
position summary: commercial field engineer
Are you a talented Field Engineer with a passion for audiovisual integration? Have you become a guru of the Smart Home Technology emerging in the market? Do you believe in the power of audio, video with automation and systems to create awe-inspiring experiences that bring people together? Are you looking to bring your career to the next level? If so then be with an organization that is growing and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advance solutions in integration.
AVDG is looking for a stellar Field Engineer who will be responsible for commissioning and optimization of a completed system regarding video, audio, control, communication, and proper integration into the facility.
responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Attends client meetings and assists sales representatives with proposals and estimates.
- Assists purchasing department to ensure timely receipt of necessary components and services.
- Tracks and manages project costs and schedule — specifically about project commissioning dates.
- Ensures project stays within scope of work; research and propose necessary change orders when changes to scope are necessary.
- Requests services of and manage any field-based subcontractors as necessary.
- Verifies proper functionality and routing of video, audio and control signals.
- Verifies proper functionality of all mechanically- and physically-controlled devices.
- Test and optimize audio to ensure intelligibility of all systems and full-range equalization of program audio.
- Tests and optimizes video to ensure clear display of program sources and high-quality transmission of all signals.
- Collaborates with project managers, installers and any subcontractors in a professional manner.
- Assists management team with professional development of other technical staff when necessary.
to join our band, you’ll need the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 3+ years’ experience relevant work experience in A/V engineering
- Commercial AV knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of principles of video, audio, communications and intermediate networking.
- Basic understanding of different communication protocols, and their settings and limitations.
- Ability to learn and navigate software from third-party control systems as required.
- Ability to review and comment on design documentation, including functional diagrams, facilities layouts, addressing assignments and user manuals.
- Ability to lead field teams in troubleshooting of systems.
- Knowledge of basic electrical and power requirements.
more about AVDG
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues for clients across the United States. Our innovative, passionate, and technical culture allows us to deliver the most sophisticated systems and continuously change the AV landscape.
We live by the motto "exceptional by design." Exceptional tech. Exceptional people. Exceptional spaces. AVDG's world-class team and original smart-system solutions are among the best in the industry.
Since joining the Business Solutions Division of Guitar Center in late 2017, AVDG has provided new avenues of growth and opportunities to better support our clients and teams. As a result, Guitar Center is bolstering AVDG's high-growth trajectory and rigorously expanding our national footprint.
why join us?
At AVDG, you will join a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about Audio, Video, Lighting, and Control technologies. You have the freedom to apply and grow your unique talents in a work environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration. You have many opportunities to learn, including access to internal training programs like AVDG University, AVDG Institute, and paid industry certifications to expand your career and collaborate beyond Pro AV if you choose to.
Love this opportunity and want to apply? Please submit your resume and apply online today!
Guitar Center and AVDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by sending an email to [email protected].