lead commercial installer
We are hiring for a new world!
We are the premier integrator, redefining client experiences through leading-edge technology, unrivaled service, and passionate people.
We are focused on bringing the power of technology to create new experiences in the fields of smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues. Be a part of a talented team and embark on an exciting journey.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you do, then be with an organization that is growing and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in integration.
position summary: commercial lead installer
The lead Installer report directly to the Production Manager but is responsible to the Project Managers on a daily activities basis. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing installation, startup and closeout of all jobs, assisting Project Managers in design, and other tasks as assigned by the Project Managers.
responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Installs and pulls wire as per specifications
- Installs and wires equipment used in systems
- Tests all equipment after termination is made to ensure performance of system
- Work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times
- All paperwork is turned in on time and filled out completely (example: Redlines, vehicle log, time cards.)
- Maintains Install Van and Van Stock. Keeps van clean and organized.
- Daily communications with Project Manager on delays, requirements, and general status of jobs
- Daily logbook is kept up to date with customer requests, worked performed each day, job numbers, dates and times and tasks assigned to apprentice’s
- Timebills are accurate in Q360, filled out completely on job proper job numbers,hours are correct.
- Also responsible for apprentice’s timecard accuracy.
- Works with Project Manager to oversee the installation of multiple crews to ensure jobs are on track and within the estimate
- Responsible for training apprentices on Company procedures, systems, and installation techniques
- All work is performed to Company standards and quality installation techniques are practiced
- All jobs are run within each phase’s estimate (example: wire pull, mounting, etc.)
- Work with Systems Engineers on startup to ensure complete system compliance
- Works with Project Manager to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client and service department
- Additional duties as assigned.
to join our band, you’ll need the following experience:
- 3+ years working in the electronic field where AC/DC theory is used on a daily
- Proper hand and power tool operations and safety
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to wire and troubleshoot relay logic
- Basic computer skills
more about AVDG
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues for clients across the United States. Our innovative, passionate, and technical culture allows us to deliver the most sophisticated systems and continuously change the AV landscape.
We live by the motto "exceptional by design." Exceptional tech. Exceptional people. Exceptional spaces. AVDG's world-class team and original smart-system solutions are among the best in the industry.
Since joining the Business Solutions Division of Guitar Center in late 2017, AVDG has provided new avenues of growth and opportunities to better support our clients and teams. As a result, Guitar Center is bolstering AVDG's high-growth trajectory and rigorously expanding our national footprint.
why join us?
At AVDG, you will join a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about Audio, Video, Lighting, and Control technologies. You have the freedom to apply and grow your unique talents in a work environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration. You have many opportunities to learn, including access to internal training programs like AVDG University, AVDG Institute, and paid industry certifications to expand your career and collaborate beyond Pro AV if you choose to.
Love this opportunity and want to apply? Please submit your resume and apply online today!
Guitar Center and AVDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by sending an email to [email protected].