lead commercial installer
We are hiring for a new world!
We are focused on bringing the power of technology to create new experiences in the fields of smart homes, smart enterprise, and smart venues. Be a part of a talented team and embark on an exciting journey.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you do, then be with an organization that is exploding with growth and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in integration.
Position Summary: Commercial Lead Installer
The Lead Commercial Installer supervises and installs low-voltage systems in commercial projects. He/she will work with other installation technicians to teach the proper execution of all required install techniques. They possess all the skills of an Apprentice, Field Technician and Lead Technician with a minimum of 75% of the skills listed below.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Routine installation/service as required.
- Greets builder/customer and verifies install request while setting builder/customer expectation on the install.
- Interacts with customers to explain installation procedures and functionality of system.
- Includes running wires, cables & structured wire packages through new or retrofit construction.
- Identification, labeling & termination of wires.
- Installation of equipment and testing for proper operation.
- Accurately completes required paperwork
- Provides guidance to other technicians on-site and gives direction with respect to best practices and installation techniques.
- Maintains daily communication with Project Manager on status of projects and associated task lists.
- Perform installations to capability.
To join our team, you’ll need the following experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or equivalent training/experience.
- A positive, can-do attitude and desire to be a contributing member of the team.
- Capability and desire to be a leader and positive role model.
- A positive sense of urgency and focused effort on daily workflow and project requirements.
- Self-managed and ability to work in varied environments as required.
- Attend company meetings, respond to email and questions from other departments regarding projects, work with other departments to continue the refinement of AVDG’ processes.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management as needed.
- Associate is to be fully vaccinated, per the CDC Definition.
more about AVDG
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues for clients across the United States. Our innovative, passionate, and technical culture allows us to deliver the most sophisticated systems and continuously change the AV landscape.
We live by the motto "exceptional by design." Exceptional tech. Exceptional people. Exceptional spaces. AVDG's world-class team and original smart-system solutions are among the best in the industry.
Since joining the Business Solutions Division of Guitar Center in late 2017, AVDG has provided new avenues of growth and opportunities to better support our clients and teams. As a result, Guitar Center is bolstering AVDG's high-growth trajectory and rigorously expanding our national footprint.
why join us?
At AVDG, you will join a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about Audio, Video, Lighting, and Control technologies. You have the freedom to apply and grow your unique talents in a work environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration. You have many opportunities to learn, including access to internal training programs like AVDG University, AVDG Institute, and paid industry certifications to expand your career and collaborate beyond Pro AV if you choose to.
Love this opportunity and want to apply? Please submit your resume and apply online today!
Guitar Center and AVDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by sending an email to [email protected]