We are hiring for a new world!
We are the premier integrator, redefining client experiences through leading-edge technology, unrivaled service, and passionate people.
We are focused on bringing the power of technology to create new experiences in the fields of smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues. Be a part of a talented team and embark on an exciting journey.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you do, then be with an organization that is growing and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in integration.
position summary: purchasing specialist
AVDG Purchasing Specialist is responsible for analyzing purchasing requests and determining best sources of procurement based on requests. The Specialist will work within our ERP system to make buying decisions based on lead-time, availability, and special pricing with specific vendors. The Specialist will work with Account Managers and Project Managers to determine the best strategy to stay within the quality standards of the project. The Specialist will also assist in product assortment, product promotions, product inventory levels, vendor relationships, and category analysis.
responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Place purchase orders for Window Treatment Department as well as Audio/Video Department as prompted by the MRP system daily, manage purchase order confirmations, and maintain open purchase order reports with vendors to support manufacturing and engineering requirements
- Create purchase orders and maintain supplies for the office, warehouse, and lunchroom as well as facility items as needed
- Maintain master data in ERP system
- Develop partnerships with reliable suppliers to ensure continuous product flow, reduced cost, lead time, and continuous improvement
- Expedite products as needed and input updated information in system in a timely manner
- Monitor vendor lead-times for accuracy and on-time delivery
- Resolve quality issues with suppliers; work with vendors on repairs or credits for defective products
- Keep Manager RMA/Purchasing advised of any issues or delays associated with purchase orders and work with Manager to obtain assistance in escalated problem resolution
- Maintain open and closed purchase order files
- Provide tracking information to Operations team for all applicable orders
- Consistently support compliance by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries to the workplace. Cooperate in Safety Programs, initiatives, and investigations
- Demonstrate our five core values of Integrity, Customer Responsiveness, Innovation, Passionate Contribution & Empowerment and Continuous Improvement
to join our band, you’ll need the following experience:
- Bachelor s degree required or technical degree in related field
- Minimum of two (2) years relative experience working in a manufacturing environment;
- Skilled proficiency with Microsoft Excel (V-lookups, formulas, filtering, sorting, formatting)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Basic understanding of marketing and promotions functions
- Knowledge of Solutions 360
- Knowledge of Audio/Visual manufacturers and industry.
- Understanding of Window Treatment purchasing system processes including, but not limited to, Lutron, Mechosystems, and Matiss.
more about AVDG
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues for clients across the United States. Our innovative, passionate, and technical culture allows us to deliver the most sophisticated systems and continuously change the AV landscape.
We live by the motto "exceptional by design." Exceptional tech. Exceptional people. Exceptional spaces. AVDG's world-class team and original smart-system solutions are among the best in the industry.
Since joining the Business Solutions Division of Guitar Center in late 2017, AVDG has provided new avenues of growth and opportunities to better support our clients and teams. As a result, Guitar Center is bolstering AVDG's high-growth trajectory and rigorously expanding our national footprint.
why join us?
At AVDG, you will join a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about Audio, Video, Lighting, and Control technologies. You have the freedom to apply and grow your unique talents in a work environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration. You have many opportunities to learn, including access to internal training programs like AVDG University, AVDG Institute, and paid industry certifications to expand your career and collaborate beyond Pro AV if you choose to.
Love this opportunity and want to apply? Please submit your resume and apply online today!
Guitar Center and AVDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by sending an email to [email protected]