residential finish installers
We are hiring for a new world!
We are the premier integrator, redefining client experiences through leading-edge technology, unrivaled service, and passionate people.
We are focused on bringing the power of technology to create new experiences in the fields of smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues. Be a part of a talented team and embark on an exciting journey.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you do, then be with an organization that is growing and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in integration.
position summary: residential finish installers
The Finish Technician is responsible for the installation of electronic-based components into the last phases of the projects. The systems are for use in low voltage systems; music systems, video systems, and control systems in residential and commercial projects. Much of the day-to-day responsibilities include placement of finished components, wiring of systems, termination and labeling and toning of wires, and configuration of devices to work within the space in which they have been installed.
responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Installation of finished components in finished environments Under the daily direction of the Production Manager and Finish Lead.
- Responsibilities include wiring of systems, termination and labeling and toning of wires, and installation of devices in spaces, walls, ceilings, and enclosures as documented.
- Basic surround and theater system installation and commissioning.
- Configuration of installed components to best perform in the installation of the system.
- Troubleshoot installed systems and service existing installations.
- Provide and maintain your hand tools for your position.
- Communicate with supervisors with critical issues in a timely manner.
- Travel to and from assigned projects in company vehicles.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management as needed.
to join our band, you’ll need the following experience:
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of work experience highly preferred in AV integration, low-voltage, construction, audio, or related field.
- A positive, can-do attitude and flexibility to change gears and solve problems.
- Work with a sense of urgency and focused effort on daily workflow and project requirements.
- Self-managed and able to work in varied environments as required.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds for up to 100 feet, 100 pounds vertical lift.
- Operate a motor vehicle with a valid, State-issued, driver’s license.
- Aptitude for understanding and assisting others with technology and construction practices
more about AVDG
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues for clients across the United States. Our innovative, passionate, and technical culture allows us to deliver the most sophisticated systems and continuously change the AV landscape.
We live by the motto "exceptional by design." Exceptional tech. Exceptional people. Exceptional spaces. AVDG's world-class team and original smart-system solutions are among the best in the industry.
Since joining the Business Solutions Division of Guitar Center in late 2017, AVDG has provided new avenues of growth and opportunities to better support our clients and teams. As a result, Guitar Center is bolstering AVDG's high-growth trajectory and rigorously expanding our national footprint.
why join us?
At AVDG, you will join a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about Audio, Video, Lighting, and Control technologies. You have the freedom to apply and grow your unique talents in a work environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration. You have many opportunities to learn, including access to internal training programs like AVDG University, AVDG Institute, and paid industry certifications to expand your career and collaborate beyond Pro AV if you choose to.
Love this opportunity and want to apply? Please submit your resume and apply online today!
Guitar Center and AVDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by sending an email to [email protected]