residential prewire technician
We are hiring for a new world!
We are the premier integrator, redefining client experiences through leading-edge technology, unrivaled service, and passionate people.
We are focused on bringing the power of technology to create new experiences in the fields of smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues. Be a part of a talented team and embark on an exciting journey.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you do, then be with an organization that is growing and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in integration.
position summary: prewire technician
The Prewire Technician provides infrastructure installation for use in low-voltage systems; audio, video, high-end shades, lighting, and climate control systems in residential and commercial projects in construction environments.
You will be a vital member of the team responsible for the initial phase of the Home Automation projects, laying down the foundation with the wiring of new homes, termination and labeling and toning of wires, installing devices in walls and enclosures.
The ideal candidate will understand signal flow, attention to detail, meticulousness, ability to execute a plan precisely to detail, flexible nature, with a great attitude and strong work ethic.
responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Under the daily direction of the Production Manager and Pre-wire Lead, you are installing the infrastructure components in construction environments.
- Responsibilities include wiring new homes, termination and labeling and toning of wires, and installing devices in walls and enclosures.
- Will troubleshoot installed systems and service existing installations.
- Provide and maintain your hand tools for your position.
- Communicate with supervisors with critical issues promptly
to join our band, you’ll need the following experience:
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Prior work experience in low-voltage wiring, construction, audio, or related industry, or a degree from a technical institution or college studying smart homes, low-voltage wiring, A/V, or related field is highly preferred desired. Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be a problem solver with a positive can-do attitude and flexible personality.
- Works with a sense of urgency and focused effort on daily workflow and project requirements.
- Self-managed and able to work in varied environments as required.
- The ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of up to 100 feet is highly preferred.
- Operate a motor vehicle with a valid, State-issued driver’s license is mandatory.
- Must be able to understand and explain technology and construction practices to others.
more about AVDG
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues for clients across the United States. Our innovative, passionate, and technical culture allows us to deliver the most sophisticated systems and continuously change the AV landscape.
We live by the motto "exceptional by design." Exceptional tech. Exceptional people. Exceptional spaces. AVDG's world-class team and original smart-system solutions are among the best in the industry.
Since joining the Business Solutions Division of Guitar Center in late 2017, AVDG has provided new avenues of growth and opportunities to better support our clients and teams. As a result, Guitar Center is bolstering AVDG's high-growth trajectory and rigorously expanding our national footprint.
why join us?
At AVDG, you will join a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about Audio, Video, Lighting, and Control technologies. You have the freedom to apply and grow your unique talents in a work environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration. You have many opportunities to learn, including access to internal training programs like AVDG University, AVDG Institute, and paid industry certifications to expand your career and collaborate beyond Pro AV if you choose to.
Love this opportunity and want to apply? Please submit your resume and apply online today!
Guitar Center and AVDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by sending an email to [email protected]