sr. manager, projects and integration (mergers & acquisitions)
westlake village, CA#8679
We are hiring for a new world!
We are the premier integrator, redefining client experiences through leading-edge technology, unrivaled service, and passionate people.
We are focused on bringing the power of technology to create new experiences in the fields of smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues. Be a part of a talented team and embark on an exciting journey.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you do, then be with an organization that is growing and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in integration.
position summary: sr. manager, projects and integration
The Sr. Manager, Projects and Integration, will play a critical role on the Business Solutions leadership team by leading and building program related strategy and activities, and leading the full-cycle M&A activities of small, medium and large-scale acquisitions to into the Business Solutions portfolio. This role will require working with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders including senior executives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment; impact spans all functions of the business. Works with and reports to the President, Business Solutions.
responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Refine, develop, and own the Business Solutions M&A playbook, standards, and best practices
- Support the full-lifecycle of M&A activities for Business Solutions including working with identified targets to get them to IOI and LOI stages, working with external auditors to manage Due-Diligence, preparing for close and Day 1 activities, as well as set up and run the Integration Management Office and manage post-acquisition integration activities
- Partner with key stakeholders to lead and drive operational activities related to in-progress and future acquisitions and integrations
- Work with integration workstream leads to ensure efficient and effective delivery on integration plans, proactively identifying and helping remove roadblocks
- Lead cross-functional due diligence and integration/separation activities, including providing project management support on multiple concurrent acquisitions, divestitures and other transactions.
- Prepare polished presentations and analysis for Guitar Center management, board members, and other stakeholders
- Own and drive processes and be an advocate for change management on all necessary projects
- Lead large-scale cross-functional projects, with business requirements driven by the President of Business Solutions
- Hold team members accountable for their commitments, milestones, and deliverables.
- Keep the project team informed of risks, weaknesses or opportunities that could impact the success of the project and escalates to upper management as appropriate.
- Perform data analysis and research for Business Solutions organic and inorganic growth initiatives
- Produce status reports, strategy decks, and board presentations on Business Solutions initiatives and progress towards strategic goals
- Develop, manage and facilitate an annual project calendar and programs across support functions.
- Develop and oversee project KPI’s and measurements of operational health and success
- Coordinate deliverables to deadline, assure communications throughout the process, track the process and milestones, set and hold meetings, and assure all parties are aware and informed on progress.
- Ensure all parties are aligned on project details, responsibilities and delivery dates
- Diagnose and relieve all bottlenecks throughout process
- Escalate issues that arise to management when necessary in order to maintain schedule
- Use Workflow Management system to track projects and record all decisions/direction collected, keeping project status and info up-to-date
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant working experience post-undergrad, with relevant integration experience from a consulting firm, M&A integration role at a company, or other relevant cross-functional roles
- Strong program management experience, including managing multiple projects, team members, stakeholders and priorities against ambitious timelines
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills, with ability to operate and influence cross-functionally at all levels
- Proactive, problem-solver, highly organized and flexible
- Work experience in business transformation projects are a plus
- Data driven decision making combined with great interpersonal skills and ability to influence
- MBA preferred, but not required
more about AVDG
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues for clients across the United States. Our innovative, passionate, and technical culture allows us to deliver the most sophisticated systems and continuously change the AV landscape.
We live by the motto "exceptional by design." Exceptional tech. Exceptional people. Exceptional spaces. AVDG's world-class team and original smart-system solutions are among the best in the industry.
Since joining the Business Solutions Division of Guitar Center in late 2017, AVDG has provided new avenues of growth and opportunities to better support our clients and teams. As a result, Guitar Center is bolstering AVDG's high-growth trajectory and rigorously expanding our national footprint.
why join us?
At AVDG, you will join a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about Audio, Video, Lighting, and Control technologies. You have the freedom to apply and grow your unique talents in a work environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration. You have many opportunities to learn, including access to internal training programs like AVDG University, AVDG Institute, and paid industry certifications to expand your career and collaborate beyond Pro AV if you choose to.
Love this opportunity and want to apply? Please submit your resume and apply online today!
Guitar Center and AVDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by sending an email to [email protected]