We are hiring for a new world!
We are the premier integrator, redefining client experiences through leading-edge technology, unrivaled service, and passionate people.
We are focused on bringing the power of technology to create new experiences in the fields of smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues. Be a part of a talented team and embark on an exciting journey.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you do, then be with an organization that is growing and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in integration.
position summary: warehouse manager
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for supervising activities in the Warehouse and all facets including receiving, processing, recording, and distributing supplies and materials, preparing, and maintaining detailed records and files. The Warehouse Manager will oversee the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of installation and service materials. They will ensure workplace safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock. The Warehouse Manager will plan the arrangement of goods within the warehouse and organize special requirements stock. They will maintain computerized administration and automated storage and retrieval systems. They will work with Headquarters to administer safety procedures and equipment inventory. They will also work with accounting to account for job costs and equipment procurement.
responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Confer with location Branch Manager to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, records control, or purchasing
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, and shipping products or materials
- Implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated
- Review invoices, work orders, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments
- Evaluates warehouse materials (e.g. qualified product list, warehouse supplies, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining quality
- Conducts and participates in physical inventories to verify stock and identifying losses.
- Loads and unloads delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport.
- Maintains manual and electronic documents, files and records (e.g. purchase orders, goods receipts, electronic delivery logs, supplies needed by department, claim forms, inventory, warehouse reports, bid list, material evaluation documents, goods receipts, goods issue, fixed asset, purchases, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, and providing materials and reliable resource information.
to join our band, you’ll need the following experience:
- Minimum 5 years of Warehouse Management experience required
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in Audio/Visual industry or another related area highly preferred
- Previous experience working with Inventory Analysis required
- Intermediate knowledge of warehouse systems, processes, and productivity standards required Ability to count accurately and be detailed oriented
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Previous experience operating a forklift required
- Must be a team player, highly motivated with a positive attitude
more about AVDG
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, and smart venues for clients across the United States. Our innovative, passionate, and technical culture allows us to deliver the most sophisticated systems and continuously change the AV landscape.
We live by the motto "exceptional by design." Exceptional tech. Exceptional people. Exceptional spaces. AVDG's world-class team and original smart-system solutions are among the best in the industry.
Since joining the Business Solutions Division of Guitar Center in late 2017, AVDG has provided new avenues of growth and opportunities to better support our clients and teams. As a result, Guitar Center is bolstering AVDG's high-growth trajectory and rigorously expanding our national footprint.
why join us?
At AVDG, you will join a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about Audio, Video, Lighting, and Control technologies. You have the freedom to apply and grow your unique talents in a work environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration. You have many opportunities to learn, including access to internal training programs like AVDG University, AVDG Institute, and paid industry certifications to expand your career and collaborate beyond Pro AV if you choose to.
Love this opportunity and want to apply? Please submit your resume and apply online today!
Guitar Center and AVDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening by sending an email to [email protected]